Google Groups Subscribe to The Spin Cycle
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com.au

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Down But Not Out

In the wake of Hurricaine Katrina I have experienced numerous computer problems, the most irritating of which is the fact that Windows XP seems to have completely disappeared from my hard drive and I cannot find my start-up discs. In light of the genuinely life-threatening difficulties millions have been experiencing as a result of this killer storm, my troubles are light, indeed.

I am working on fixing the problem, but in the meantime, I'd like to ask everybody to bear with us and keep checking back. I will begin posting again ASAP.

Des tres gros bisous,
B

4 Comments:

At Fri Sep 02, 12:25:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Bucko. I've been worried. I knew that you have not abandoned your work, but I was worried about your safety.

We will wait patiently for you next installment. OK, maybe not patiently, but we will wait.

Love Ya!

 
At Sat Sep 03, 05:47:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Bucko said...

Ronnita-

I have been doing everything possible to stay as connected as I possibly can, but the limitations of catching a few minutes here and there of the web (to say nothing of the obnoxious tedium of broadcast television) are beyond frustrating. As grateful as I am for free internet access at the public library or for the stolen snippets at work, I shall remain feeling cut off from the love and support you, MtD, and our legion of loyal readers until this entire mess is resolved.

Without XP, I have no access to any of the files (Word, WMP, etc) that I have spent years building into my computer. The one silver lining in all this is that I have gained a new appreciation for how dependant I have become on the WWW, and to what extent my life is utterly changed as a result of it.

And I do need to deplore the shameful lack of response our federal government continued to find acceptable for those poor souls along the Gulf Coast, now five days since the breech of the levies that drowned one of our most beloved and individualistic cities in fifteen feet of muck and sewage. I am saddened, appalled, and deeply ashamed to call myself an American this week.

 
At Thu Sep 08, 03:40:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Bucko said...

hey, David-

I'm working on restoring the XP on my computer ASAP. Otherwise, I avail myself of the computers at the public library and at the art gallery I work in part-time.

I miss everyone much-

Bisous,
B

 
At Thu Apr 27, 10:42:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...


ts ssc results 2017

 

Post a Comment

<< Home