Google Groups Subscribe to The Spin Cycle
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com.au

Friday, July 22, 2005

Common As Muck - Bent As Fuck or Why I Hate You


Growing up queer in a conservative rural industrial town was an isolating, unpleasant and hardening experience. "So what?" I hear you ask, "You're not alone in that, get over it you whingeing poofter!"

This is very true and I don't intend to dwell on those experiences in this offering to the Blogosphere. Rather, I want to share with you how I got over that upbringing.


Though I had come out (or been dragged out) at the grand old age of 13, by the time I had left school and gone on to university I was a very unhappy young chappy.


I soon discovered, however, that tertiary education was more than just classes and tutorials and the pursuit of a degree - it presented a rare opportunity to expand the scope of my nascent political self and, for a change, I took it. That opportunity came in the form of the philosophies and teachings of Homocult - The Perverters of Culture. Some may remember that I referred to Homocult in my first post here so at this point I will explain a little about them.


In the late 1980's and early 1990's a number of radical queer groups had sprung up around the world, mainly in the UK and the US. Queer Nation, OutRage, Subversive Street Queers to name a few were campaigning to challenge the heterosexist status quo - and they were all ok. But then there was Homocult.
Homocult appeared in 1990 in Manchester, England with a rabid call to "smash the moral state." Unlike the other queer radicals, Homocult made strong connexions between sexual identity and class. Rather than make feeble calls for "gay rights" and law reform Homocult when further. They not only attacked the heterosexual elites, they turned their ferocious wit on the complacent "lesbigay" establishment.

They began with two members and at the height of their activities in 1993-95 it is thought that they had a maximum of between seven to twelve cadres. Mainly active in the UK and England their particular campaigning techniques were exported to Australia too and that is how I encountered them.


In 1994 I had been elected as the Organiser of the campus queer group and was given a large collection of propaganda and campaign materials which included the unholy and shocking works of Homocult. As I read these glorious documents one in particular stood out to me. The Manifesto which I published in my first post on this blog (Equality is a Myth). In fact it was one line in that Manifesto which was my salvation:


We are the natural aristocrats of the human race.

Suddenly I understood. The reason I loathed myself was because I had fallen for the perfidy of the breeder majority - that rancid lie they use to oppress and crush myself and my people. I was not a sub-human secondary to them in all things. I was better than the bland, colourless heterosexual drones that surrounded me. My people and I were not their equals we were their betters - superior in every sense of the word.


Homocult challenged everything. Notions of race, gender, ethnicity were eschewed. Our power would not come from compromise or giving up our standards. Thus our purpose was clear. We formed a small cell of committed queers who applied the Homocult technques. By night we plastered everything in sight with campaign materials some of which you see in this post. We worked by day to take control of the vast student union structure and used our new found power to eliminate all who would oppose us - fundamentalist christians, conservatives, uppity "lesbigay" moderates all fell before us as they saw their funding withdrawn and their ability to participate curtailed. All procedures and rules that stifled us were revoked and replaced with such mecahnism as would perpetuate our regime.


Homocult raged against the privileges of the wealthy and the oppression of the working class and the disadvantaged. The supported the struggles of striking miners in the north of England and the plight of manufacturing workers as their traditional industries collapsed in due to the greed and self interest of capital.


I intend to publish here many of the images and other works of Homocult in my future posts. My collection is extensive and it should be shared with others so that the righteous may be enlightened and the enemy cowed.

Homocult taught me many things. It taught me that I am powerful because I make myself powerful. It gave me pride and purpose. It showed me how to make my enemies quiver with the fear that I had once felt. Ever since that dreadful day in 1994 I have known myself, my purpose and the means by which I would achieve it. The devices of wit and intellect were made available to me and my people.

Above all I remember the chilling warning issued by Homocult to the effete moderate "lesbigay" traitors:


We will drag you kicking and screaming from your mansions of secrecy and privilege;

We will make clothing from your lily-white skins;
We will burn your history to warm our future.


You have been warned.

IN SOLIDARITY


MtD

7 Comments:

At Sat Jul 23, 02:22:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevent human rights for homosexuals and live FOREVER! How can a relatively small operation like homosexuality compete with the prizes Rome, Mecca and the megachurches are promising their volunteers?

Nice poster.

 
At Sat Jul 23, 02:55:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case the spin missed lady bunny's expose on the secrets of the vatican, "papal smear", here is the link from queerday.

http://www.queerday.com/2005/apr/26/lady_bunny_papal_smear.html

 
At Sat Jul 23, 03:44:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Matty the Damned said...

Prevent human rights for homosexuals and live FOREVER! How can a relatively small operation like homosexuality compete with the prizes Rome, Mecca and the megachurches are promising their volunteers?

Nice poster.


Oh honey! Small operation? We were around long before the christians or the muslims or any other tedious religious tradition ever was and we will be here long after they have passed into nothing.

The great thing about us is that we are born into every generation in the same numbers - and if I have my way many more will be recruited after birth.

That's right - we do conversions.

I'm so pleased you liked the poster by the way. That particular one is my favourite. I had it on a t-shirt once. It's part of Homocult's attempt to pervert the young which was called The Sissy Possy also known as the Homocult Youth League.

I'll be presenting many other nasty little nuggets from Homocult in the future so do come back!

Moistly yours,

MtD

 
At Sat Jul 23, 03:53:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Matty the Damned said...

Dear from the ninth circle,

Warm enough in there for you?

I love the link you provided. Lady Bunny is a scream! As a grossly fallen former catholic myself I have always wondered just what sort of orgy those frocked up old perverts in the College of Cardinals got up to and now I know!

A reliable source has given me a little bit of interesting gossip about the Archbishop of Sydney, His Eminence Cardinal George Pell, but you'll have to wait until I opine at length on the ecclesiastical train wreck that is the Roman Catholic Church.

Be a dear and come back here 'coz you're always welcome at The Spin Cycle!

MtD

 
At Mon Jul 25, 02:55:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Bucko said...

Ah, Matty,

Can't you feel the love in this room tonight? The hemlock's on tap and all's right with the world.

Bisous,
B

 
At Sun Nov 09, 11:35:00 AM GMT+11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, stumbled in to your old post just now searching for Homocult.

i run trannypunk.com a "tr!nny supremacist bio people hate site" thats heavilly influenced by a weird combination of Homocult and deadtrainbumz.

i gotta search your blog better later but homocult saved my soul too. I'd love to archive as much of HC as i can on my own site. I saw a book of the best of HC at ABCNORio info shop in nyc but I'd love to get any digital HC you have for my own webzine.

my name is lily BTW.

thanks

lillianbutter@yahoo.com

 
At Sat May 19, 03:28:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great post. This is really helpful for me. Also, see
More Details

 

Post a Comment

<< Home