Google Groups Subscribe to The Spin Cycle
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com.au

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Through the fire



Through The Fire

Running a business with 14 staff and some 1,000 members isn’t easy.
Even more so if severe depression hits you and a burnout seems inevitable.
This virus sees it’s chance and beats you, hard and relentlessly.

For a perfectionist such as myself, the worst possible nightmare had begun. I had to leave my business and depend on others.

It was then that my first angel presented himself to me: Ronald, (an ex-colleague, flight attendant friend of mine of many years.)

Just like angels perform miracles and give without asking for something in return, Ron invited me to stay at his place in Wiesbaden, Germany.
He said, “I cannot stand the idea that you are going to spend time in a clinic. You need a place filled with human warmth, love and friendship." That is what he has been giving me since that day 5 months ago.
It enabled me to return home to the business from time to time and keep it afloat.
Would you do it for a friend?
Thank you Ron. You saved my life.

This still left me with the business, staff, cleaners, customers, AND daily management.
That vessel certainly needed a captain. Who could have dreamed another angel would be sent to me?
His name is Luc and he is married to a girl I used to know from school.
Leaving his own business to simmer, he has been managing my business for over 5 months now for free!!!.
Why? He said ”Because I love you, not in a physical way, but as a friend."
Thank you Luc. You saved my business.

And the day arrived that I realised the true meaning of having survived the epidemic. That was after the gathering in Toronto. It all became crystal clear : Aids Activism was my path.

Then Lut came along. She has been keeping an eye on the accounts and now suggested she would look for a buyer for the business. No questions asked. Just like that.

She said, “Because you deserve the help here and there are people who can use your help and compassion.”
Thank you , Lut. You will save my future.

Three angels sent to me.
They made it clear that I have another mission in life. A mission that will help my survival to be used in a “ Hope Mission”.

Whenever you need angels to be sent to you, ask for them.
And remember: They are already with you.
You simply may not have recognised them yet.

Dedicated to my three angels.

Herman

4 Comments:

At Sun Sep 25, 05:59:00 AM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No better way to describe them, than as angels. What a wonderful tribute!

 
At Wed Sep 28, 01:58:00 AM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herman,

All I can add is, stay focused, stay pure, and keep your heart full of those things that uplift you, and you will continue to be in touch with the angels that are sent to us, to make our passage here a little bit easier.

You are a good man "Charlie Brown".

 
At Thu Sep 29, 04:03:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger Bucko said...

Hermie-

Love comes in many disguises. We have to keep ourselves open to it wherever, whenever it comes. It is a gift we give ourselves.

With my own love,
B

 
At Thu Sep 29, 04:58:00 PM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Herman,

I hope that this all works out the way it is meant to for you. I know the stress of the business has added to your depression and feelings of worthlessness. Always know that you are worthy, valuable & able to overcome. There are many people that love you EXACTLY as you are---I am only one of them. Someday you'll find it, that connection *.

With love and respect,

Rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home